This is a medium-sized LED flashlight for people who need a hard and strong flashlight for their camping and hiking. Let us check out the detailed review below.
Streamlight 75662 Stinger Classic
This best LED flashlight has been featured in amazon’s choice category and has been reviewed by more than 60 customers. All the buyers have given this flashlight a rating of 4.4 stars out of 5.
Who can use this Flashlight?
According to the manufacturer, this flashlight has been specially designed for industrial, security, automotive, fire & rescue, sports and law enforcement us.
Batteries & Charger
The battery that comes with this flashlight is the new 3 cell 3.6 Volt Ni-MH sub-C battery with 2.6Ah power. You will be able to recharge this battery for 1000 times at least without dipping in performance.
There are 3 types of chargers for this flashlight:
- Steady charger: This charger is the regular charger which can fully charge this flashlight in 16 hours.
- Smart Charger: This smart charger takes about 4.5 hours to charge the flashlight to 100%. It will need either 5 V 1 A USB input or a 12 V DC input.
- Smart Piggyback Charger: this charger takes 7.5 hours to charge the flashlight completely. You will need either 5 V 1 A USB input or a 12 V DC input.
You will get all the charging cords in the packaging as well. the charger ar a snap in chargers with special mounts for easy charging.
The manufacturer has used the C4 LED in this flashlight, this is a very powerful and bright LED with a rated lifespan of 50,000+ hours. Also, this LED with easily withstand falls as well.
Lens and LED Housing
The housing features a microprocessing electronic unit which controls the lights modes and all the lighting intensities to prevent any damage to the flashlight.
The lens on this flashlight is a custom acrylic optic lens. The gasket is sealed as well.
While providing the user with a regulated intensity of light, this best-LED flashlight also features a reflector which gives out a proper smooth beam of light and a very good illumination in peripheral visions as well.
There is also a charging LED indicator on the flashlight as well.
Modes & Runtimes
The following are the different runtimes and modes:
- Low: In this mode, you will get a runtime of 10 hours along with a beam throw distance of 111 meters. The Lumen output will be 130, and the peak beam intensity will be 3,100 candelas.
- Medium: This super beam mode will give you a peak beam intensity of 6,500 candelas along with 260 Lumen brightness. The beam throw distance and the runtime for this mode are 161 meters and 5.5 hours respectively.
- High: During this mode, the peak beam intensity and the Lumen output will be 13,200 candelas and 500 Lumens respectively. Along with that, you will get 2 hours and 45 minutes runtime with 230 meters beam throw distance.
- Strobe: 7.5 hours of strobe mode
This is a fairly simple flashlight to operate. It has a single button which can be half-pressed to shuffle through different modes. This switch is tested at 1 million actuations.
The whole construction of the flashlight is done with 6000 series machined aircraft grade aluminum. The manufacturer has added a knurled barrel for a firm grip and coating on to the aluminum for lasting durability.
It is also designed to withstand a 1-meter impact.
This whole flashlight is IPX-4 water resistant rated, so you can use it in light rain and can also withstand splashes of water.
Dimensions & Weight
The weight of this flashlight is only 11 oz and the dimension is 7.5 inches by 1.6 inches.
The flashlight is certified by CE and CEC and meets all the European community directives.
There is a limited lifetime warranty for defects and a 2-year warranty on the components.
The package will include the following things:
- Streamlight Classic stinger
- Rechargeable battery
- Ring holder