This is one of a kind of LED flashlight. It is made specially to look like a lantern which provides extreme levels of brightness.
If you miss old days when people used to carry lanterns, then this flashlight will surely remind you of the old days. It is strong and made out impact proof materials, check out the detailed review below for more information.
streamlight 44450 fire vulcan led
People really loved this flashlight, which can be seen from the 4.5-star rating on Amazon. all the buyers are happy with the quality as well as the performance.
Who can use this Flashlight?
This flashlight is a bit bigger than your regular pocket-sized flashlight; if you are ok with this, then anyone can use it. it is an all-purpose LED flashlight from Streamlight.
Batteries & Charger
You will get 2 Nanotechnology lithium-ion batteries with the package. These batteries will be ready and recharged at 100% in just 2 hours. They will provide both a 120 Volt AC charger and a 12 Volt DC charger.
The manufacturer has added a very high powered C4 LED bulb in this flashlight. It is durable, efficient and virtually unbreakable. It is also designed to absorb shocks and impacts.
We love that the company has installed 2 Blue LEDs which are really ultra-bright. This is done to make you see things when there is a lot of smoke or fog in the air. These two blue LEDs are situated on the back of the flashlight.
Awesome, isn’t it?
The total lifespan of the LED is 50,000 Hours.
Lens and LED Housing
This Streamlight 44450 Fire Vulcan LED flashlight features a deep-dish parabolic reflector that produces a very tight beam while giving out peripheral illuminations as well.
They even have a dedicated electronic system to make sure that no damage is done when the battery is charging or discharging. The circuit will keep tabs on the light intensity through the different battery levels.
The lens is made out polycarbonate material and is virtually unbreakable. It also has an anti-scratch coating on it.
Modes & Runtimes
There are only 2 modes available in this flashlight. They are as follows:
- High mode: you will be getting a lumen output of 180 in this mode and a runtime of 5 hours. The peak beam intensity and the maximum beam throw distance in this mode will be 100,000 candelas and 1860 feet respectively.
- Low mode: the flashlight will run for 10 hours straight in this mode and will give out 80 lumens with a light intensity of 45,000 candelas.
You will get a total of 8 different modes of operation on this flashlight. The following are the details:
- Steady High LED/Steady tail lights (3 hours runtime)
- Steady Low LED/Steady tail lights (7 hours runtime)
- Steady High LED/No tail lights (3.5 hours runtime)
- No LED/Steady tail lights
- Steady High LED/Blinking tail lights
- Steady Low LED/Blinking tail lights
- Blinking High LED/No tail lights (5 hours runtime)
- No LED/Blinking tail lights (20 hours runtime)
This flashlight is designed to last and be durable. The whole body is made out of high impact thermoplastic material, and a rubberized grip handle. They have even added reinforced D-rings as well.
The whole flashlight is IPX-7 rated for being waterproof. You can even submerge the flashlight in 3 feet deep water for 30 minutes. The best part is that the flashlight floats on water, so you are going to sink it accidentally.
Dimensions & Weight
The weight of the flashlight is only 1.85 pounds. The dimensions are 7.5 inches by 5 inches by 6.5 inches.
The flashlight has been certified as follows:
- CEC compliant
- NFPA 1901-184.108.40.206 Certified
- Class I Division 2 Groups A to D certified
- Class II Division 2 Groups F and G certified and Temperature Class T4 Certified
- Meets all European community directives
You will get a lifetime warranty with this awesome handheld flashlight.
Go here to see the full official specification sheet.