Have you ever experienced the need for a third hand? When hiking, trekking, or camping, you must have come face to face with the problem of holding a flashlight when you don't have enough hands. How much do you hate to have to keep the flashlight in your mouth? Checkout this Fenix HL55 Review.
Fenix HL55 Review in 2022
It is time to take the matter off your hands and on your head. You must have considered buying a headlamp at least once, if not often.
You want your headlamp to be durable, and you want it to be tough, you want it to be bright, you want it to be lightweight, you want it to be comfortable.
You want it to stay on top of the things, and your head.
After establishment in outdoor sport lighting, Fenix has decided to make their headlamp line. Fenix HL55 is the first headlamp by Fenix powered by a single 18650 battery or two CR123A batteries.
Beginning with a simple, lightweight, rugged design, Fenix is going in the right direction. Read this Fenix HL55 Review till the end to know more.
Introduction to Fenix HL55
Fenix HL55 is a lightweight, powerful headlamp you can trust in the time of need. Either you are using it for mining, caving, camping, hiking, etc., it will be hard for you to criticize this one.
Fenix HL55 is a rugged, waterproof, lightweight headlamp. CREE XM-L2 U2 Neutral White LED powers it, and it can produce up to 900 lumens of white light in burst mode.
It supports a 160-degree Tilt. As it happens, you must have found yourself frustrated because you can't get the right angle on something. You will not have to worry about that with Fenix HL55. 160-degree tilt allows you to point the light in the direction you want it to be.
About the product
Fenix HL55 has four modes of power and a burst mode, depending on how bright a light you need.
1st mode is Eco, which gives you about 150 hours of on time with the full battery at 10 lumens.
2nd mode is Low, which gives you 30 hours of on time with the full battery at 55 lumens.
3rd mode is Mid, which gives you 10 hours of on time with the full battery at 165 lumens.
4th mode is High, which gives you 3 hours and 45 mins of on time with a full battery at 420 lumens.
Burst mode gives you 900 lumens for 30 seconds. After that, it goes back to the previous mode you were using.
Why Fenix HL55
One quality spares Fenix HL55 from its competitors is its ruggedness. Fenix HL55 is built to last. You won’t have to worry about any situation. It can take the beating for you, and still, it will deliver its best. It is as much hardcore as you are, and it is strong like an ox.
It will stay on top of your head and do its job without you realizing it's even there. All-metal casing, Premium Type III Hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish, IPX-8 waterproofing combines together to help you get through your tasks.
- It utilizes CREE XM-L2 U2 Neutral White LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours.
- It has Instant access burst mode: Even when the light is off, pressing and holding the button for over a second will activate burst mode. The headlamp automatically returns to the previous condition after 30 seconds.
- It has an All-function switch for an easy and fast experience.
- It has a 160-degree tilt mechanism, which means no more adjusting your head position to get a better angle. You can tilt the light in the right direction to get a better angle.
- It supports Enhanced Heat Dissipation.
- It fashions an All-metal casing to protect it from heat and impact.
- It has a digitally regulated output which maintains constant brightness.
- It has reverse polarity protection that saves you from improper battery installation.
- It is made of durable aluminum alloy.
- It has a Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish.
- It has an ultra-clear toughened glass lens with anti-reflective coating.
- It is IPX-8 rated waterproof (underwater 2m for 30 mins), which means that it can take as long as 30 minutes of staying 2m deep in water, let alone splashes.
- It supports one 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery(recommended) or two CR123A Lithium Batteries (batteries are not included).
- The diameter of Fenix HL55: Length is 84mm, Width is 46mm, and Height is 48mm.
- It weighs around 115g (without batteries).
- It comes with a headband and a spare O-ring Included.
- It has an adjustable strap.
Fenix HL55 is very user-friendly. It uses a single-switch to do all the functions. You don’t have to memorize a complicated working pattern to get the best out of this headlamp. Just one switch does all the work for you. It will take you no time to get used to it.
Pressing the power switch turns the headlamp on. It will start with the last mode you used. You have to press the power switch to cycle between modes briefly.
The output modes will be in the following order: Eco, Low, Mid, High. You have to hold the power switch to turn the light off. Digitally regulated output on Fenix HL55 ensures constant brightness, no matter what mode you are on.
There are situations when you need extra lumens of light, more often than you know. Fenix HL55 has included a burst mode for situations just like those. It gives you 900 lumens of white light. It is more than enough to do your hardcore tasks.
To turn the Burst mode on, you have to press and hold the switch for 2 seconds. Burst mode lasts for 30 seconds before it returns to its previous mode.
Comfortable to wear
Fenix HL55 is lightweight, but it doesn't compromise with its durability or quality. It stays on your head securely fastened. All of its weight, including batteries, is distributed evenly, which ensures that you don't feel uncomfortable.
The strap on this headlamp is made of quality material that keeps it stable and secure on your head.
What batteries work with Fenix HL55 Headlamp?
Fenix HL55 supports one 18650 Li-ion battery or two CR123A Lithium batteries.
What battery chargers will work for Fenix HL55 batteries?
You can use all of these chargers to charge the 18650 Lithium-ion battery: ARE-X1, ARE-X2, ARE-A4, ARE-A2, ARE-D1, ARE-D2, ARE-X11.
Does this headlamp come with the battery included?
No, Fenix HL55 does not come with the battery included.